REVIEW: resin bases
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
Daemonscape resin bases (check them out)
very reasonable- cheaper than GW normal plastic bases! £1.99 for 10
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
i have loads of these very dynamic, well thought out bases. the have so much going on but still have plenty of room to actually stick your mini on- some resin bases struggle with that.
they come in loads of sizes and both round and square flavours. there are also square cavalry bases for horses or bikes, lava bases, swamp bases, they whole damn lot.
iv also found they take glue and paint very well. and a wash of the new GW inks really bring out the detail.
i literally cannot recomend them enough and im using them now for not just characters but whole units.
there are flagstone ones CRYING out for lizard men, lava/swamp ones for chaos, urban, stone, spent cases for orky stuff.
in the words of a certain Vietnam door gunner "GET SOME!!!! GET SOME!!!"
5 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. well thought out
2. suit all armies and systems
3. nice sculpt
4. cheap as fucking chips
5. lots to choose from so little repition
4 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. SOME of mine look a little shiney and uneven
2. i dont know what their mail order is like- i buy them direct from an indy
3. you really have to put as much effort into the bases as the figures to get the most out
4. they take paint well but DRINK the first basecoat- i might start PVA'ing mine as an experiment
LONG STORY SHORT...
just get them. cheap, look cool, various styles and terrain. even if you buy 10 and hate em its only a couple of quid wasted. but it wont be, promise.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|