WHATS THE MODEL?nothing witty or clever to say under THIS pic boys... just enjoy the awesome
The entire New Dark Eldar Range
£8 up to £21 so far
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
this is to gaming what indiana Jones 4 or Ghostbusters 3 is to movies. except unlike IJ4 it dosent suck ass.
since the THIRD EDITION Dark Eldar have hung on in there, seemingly to be "squatted" at any moment... untill all those "grain of salt but" posts on whineseer started to have some real rumours for once. and finally here it is- a total relaunch of the Dark Eldar, essentially bringing a new race into the game- a race of low toughness, high initiative, low save but colossal melee skill. Possibly one of the most important new codex's in a while... its not a space marine, or guard, or nid. that takes us back to when, orks? early 2009?
im not going to put pics of the whole range up here but i recomend you check out the GW site as soon as you can.
6 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. its not yet another identikit SM codex wankfest
2. bound to change and improve the whole "metagame"
3. stunningly awesome sculpts in both metal and plastic
4. great indicator of where the moulding technology is going- for 40k anyway. fantasy seems to be getting worse
5. the non child friendly mood might deter codex chasers and give us an actual "grownup" army in 40k
6. brings a high level of the "fantastical" to a system that sometimes felt like modern tank warfare
1 SHIT THING ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. GW's pricing policy. and thats it. however, everything is in line with exisiting armies so technically its no more expensive than the rest.
LONG STORY SHORT...
Kudos to GW. there have been some shocking sculpts from fantasy and some tedious marine codexs recently, but with this all faith is restored. the models look so amazing a little bit of wee comes out (espesh thre plastics) when i see them. cant wait to read the codex but it feels thick and iv flicked through and seen it is indeed very interesting