WHATS THE MODEL?
Destroyer Tank Hunter
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
i realised i was on to a winner with this when the guy at Lenton didn't believe how much it actually cost. the reason for this makes a bit of sense- you get quite a lot in the kit.
Resin Parts: upper glacis plate, upper hull, old style hatches, gun barrel
Plastic Parts: the new style Leman Russ kit also the imperial armour accessories sprue
the resin parts were sharp enough but the actual sculpt was a little bit crude... you can tell this is a real old school FW model... if not the MOST old school. the new Russ bits fitted brilliantly of course, it being the brand new tank kit and all, but the resin bits were a tiny bit of a hassle. i would say it was about as hard as the old outgoing Leeman Russ kit, which could be a tricky cunt at times.
like a tool i forgot to wash the resin bits so no doubt i will reap that whirwind in the future but the resin bits took the spray paint i use ok... but not as well as the plastic bits.
i found it worth trimming the cuppola mount and just dropping a Rhino one on top (or even the standard IG cuppola included on the accessories sprue) just to add a bit of height and detail.
7 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. it looks like nothing else in the IG motorpool
2. a fairly good "first resin" project
3. if you have the new Demolisher/punisher kit, the extra turret will come in handy
4. nice to get the accessories sprue
5. as ever with resin lots of detail that takes a drybrush well
6. look, normal LR kit, £30, IA sprue £7... thats the resin stuff for £4
7. the new LR track fitting makes me so happy
5 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. there is bound to be some twat that wont let you use it or proxy it for a vanquisher
2. however you dress it, its forty notes...
3. the sculpting it neolithic compared to new stuff
4. even if you CAN use it, you might find it a bit inflexible
5. no newbies- its not impossible but the fit is not straightforward and needs cutting and fannying
LONG STORY SHORT...
im really happy with it, its nice to have as an oddity or "funny". if i got mega bored id probly buy another