REVIEW: Titan Tech Priest
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
Titan Tech Priest
£9 (but mine was £6- long story)
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
well, thi is a bit of a labour of love for me. Im pretty much at the point where iv got everything i want for my army and im experimenting with the more left field elements (Rough riders, Ogryns etc) so I fancied a Tech Priest. But i really was not so hot on the GW metal ones so left it alone until i spotted the titan tech priest in resin for two quid more- sweet.
so at the FW open day last sunday (yes I was there... touch me) in between looking at Grot Tanks and Elysian Buggies I qued up for the one and only chance you get to buy ANYTHING resin from an actual person, not mail order.
Firstly, i was pretty shocked as it looked a right mess in the bag but the flash just fell away leaving a very clean model. the tech priest has a servo harness, one with a grabber and one with a multi-tool, a big ass crazy pike thing and a very cool bolt pistol armed servo skull.
the detail is good and the pose is ok i guess... not sure whats going on with his left hand and on mine the Adeptus logo on his chest is not so pronounced as on the picture.
the base is hard sculpted and looks cool. to say this model normally sits in the centre section of a warhound though id have expected a steel plate base not rubble.
my plan is to intigrate my long standing "Servo Skull Swarm" idea with this model, so any servitors will be reprisented by skulls.
7 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. its much nicer than the metal two
2. resin so rare amoung geeks
3. looks like an interesting painting project
4. will bring some bizzare to the normally conservative IG
5. fixes those pesky broken punisher cannons
6. i will buy into anyone who has a big fucking axe with a screwdriver on the end (no shit)
7. its only two quid more than the metal one, looks better and therefore gives good percieved value for money
6 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
2. the base is a bit wonky
3. not in power armour so WYSIWYG gaylord virgins will moan
4. each servo arm is basically yelling "the first time you pack me away i will snap"
5. looks like it will punish shit painters as much s it rewards good ones
6. would like to use my own bases but only a minor niggle
LONG STORY SHORT...
if you are even considering a Tech Priest as a break from mainlining guardsmen get the resin one. seriously. its like a million years better than the metal ones and looks the mutts nuts.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|