REVIEW: Shrine of Aquilla
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
Shrine of aquilla
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
firstly, there is nothing here. NOTHING TO SEE move along.
no detail, no extras, no quirks. just three fucking big slabs of placcy with two smaller slabs with broken bits on. and some floors.
the floors... oh yes. the floors are wrong. on both sides they have substantial raised areas that make putting models on just that little bit extra awkward. also the slots where the floors sit into is a couple of mill too wide, meaning if your not careful one end can be higher than the other. the detail on these tiles are not really anthing to run home to tell your mum about either. the detail on the steps is a bit better.
the steps at the front- well, on mine if you sit it square on the aquilla wall it is raised up 2mm at the lower step. bastard.
at least you can shoot out of it tho, yeah? nice cover?
NO. if you have a squad on the bottom level they have NO FIRE POINTS.
If you have a squad on the middle level they have NO FIRE POINTS because the windows are too high. models wont even be line of sight so get that handy 1+ cover save. except from flamers. which in the real world wouldnt hit them anyway.
shooters on the top level will have an awesome view of the battle. however they will be so high most weapons will be out of range. literally.
which is the one good thing about this model- its huge to the maxxx. really big. its like the equivalent of five Cities of Death panels if not more. and very wide. but not much good if no cunna can shoot from it.
the fit is not amazing too- however that could be me.
6 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. size- sheer size. its huge.
2. it is "Different", unlike all other buildings but still fits in
3. even though its bigger they seem to have kept it in relation to the other buildings so mixing is possible.
4. the fucking huge aquilla looks nice
5. not many buildings will take a full 30+ conscript squad.
6. on reflection it would be boss-awesome for diaramas
6 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. in the end its just blank plastic- no detail, no soul
3. lack of firing points in one direction
4. the internal ladder is shit and out of scale
5. fit is not perfect.
6. too many sprue bits on the windows
LONG STORY SHORT...
if this was £12 it would be a decent model. ifit was £10 it would be an awesome model. but there is no real thought, nothing beyond "fuck it that will do" that justifies its price. your better off spending another tenner and getting two manufactorums.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|