REVIEW: Mercenary Rutger Shaw
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
Mercenary Rutger Shaw, a war machine character
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
Its a metal model which i bought on a whim. its ok i guess...
right. thats not any good is it?
what we have here is a Warmachine model, metal. part cowboy, part mad max. (but more cowboy)
he has a sword and a pistol in a holster. big coat, goggles. its a nice sculpt and makes a change from GW as its in true scale.
ADDITION: now i have actually started painting the chap i must admit the level of detail is pretty impressive. and it took GW skull white spray very well indeed.
6 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. nice sculpt
2. fits in with IG at a push- would make a nice senior officer or sly marbo proxy
3. its not GW
4. the fact the pistol is holstered means it could be anything
5. would also make a nice Necromunda ganger
6. he looks fucking badass with a side order of ass kick.
6 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. you cant use it at GW shops if they are eagled eyed
2. no real price saving on GW products
3. base is shit- warmachine bases are not my favourite
4. it can't talk
5. lots of packaging
6. gay "card" with his stats on
LONG STORY SHORT...
worth a go if you want to paint something different. i only bought it on a whim and i might never actually use it for anything more than painting. but he looks good next to my Nork Deddog so who knows...
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|