REVIEW: Black Pyramid Steampunk Guard
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
Black Pyramid products: Tea wars range
varies but averages out about £1.50 a model
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
well, i met these guys at a show last year and all I can say is, what a great pair of blokes. their whole model at the time seemed to be to fly as closee to GW's "Preatorian Guard" as humanly possible without getting lawyer-fucked.
what they offer is a range of Victorian era soldiers with a choice of either period weapons or steam punk weapons. and the special weapons sort of reseemble a weapon for firing grenades, a weapon firing some sort of heat beam and another that fires some sort of plasma bolt.
you get the picture.
i seem to remember they also had some with Gar Masks, who looked fucking ace actually.
its been a long while since i saw them but as far as I can see from the website they are pretty good.
check them out here: black pyramid
5 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL:
1. a cheap alternative to a Preatorian Guard army
2. small company, the kind mommy used to buy her minis from
3. nice sculpts as far as i can see
4. the "special weapons" are nice and are obviously what they could be... if you get me
5. nice change and would fit nice with the steam tanks iv reviewed before
5 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. still look like victorian soldiers, no matter how much of a fancy gun you give em
2. no heavy weapons
3. a few more poses would be nice
4. the special weapons troops are a wee bit expensive
5. maybe a few more steampunk touches here and there... genades?
LONG STORY SHORT...
if you simply must have Victorian era infantry in a 40k setting (i.e your spasticated) then you could do a lot worse. check em out.
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|