Quantcast

Patrol lost -lost?

uncle phil
I was going to post something about Patrol Lost, but most of the stuff up on its boardgamegeek page seems to have vanished!

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/image/557369/patrol-lost

There used to be a whole  load of tile sets you could download.

Patrol Lost was based on the GW game Lost Patrol. In their caring fashion GW objected to BGG having rules for games that were out of production and discontinued -I guess there was a danger that people might by GW figures to play these out of production games, or might become interested in other GW games!

Result was someone came up with a tile based game that was coincidentally called Patrol Lost.

In the ruleset here
http://www.angelfire.com/mech/ironclad/Zombie2.html
I note that it might be possible to use square as well as/instead of Hexagonal tiles to produce randomly generated terrain as a game progresses

Re: Patrol lost -lost?

uncle phil
Just tried the BGG site again on my home computer. All the download files are showing again. Either they were changing their website or there was some conflict with my work machine.

Have a look at some of the tile files, some of them are quite gorgeous. Even if you don't intend to use the "Patrol Lost" rules the tiles are an interesting way of generating a random map during the progression of a game, so could be easily adapted to other rules.

Re: Patrol lost -lost?

MortiS-the-Lost
Administrator
ah yes I seem to remember the original had teams of Spacemarine Scouts fighting alien jungle monsters.
yea the home brew re-make has some lovely tiles, this game reminds me a little of Dwarven Dig especially those underworld tiles

uncle phil wrote
Patrol Lost was based on the GW game Lost Patrol. In their caring fashion GW objected to BGG having rules for games that were out of production and discontinued -I guess there was a danger that people might by GW figures to play these out of production games, or might become interested in other GW games!
The real danger is existing GW players may discover old games and start to question why GW don't make anything that good any more - this leads to the further realisation GW have really gone down hill, lost their way and are now only interested in making as much money as they can from naive gamers who will eat any shit GW serves them and call it ice-cream because GW said it was. GW can't be having that - an uniformed gamer is a gamer you can sell anything too.
-----------------------------------
~The ravings of a single mad Goblin is bad enough, but such a power-hungry, malice-filled creature as Mortis can never hope to be understood~

Re: Patrol lost -lost?

uncle phil
Lost Patrol didn't look that good a game to me, but I did think the tile system was novel and had a lot of potential for other games systems. I propose it as an option for the Infestation Zombie game and with a little modification it could be used for Space Hulk, Necromunda and so forth.

If you want the Lost Patrol rules, I happen to have downloaded them while they were still available...

Re: Patrol lost -lost?

Captin Kabeered
Hi Uncle phil and the rest of the gang, I waiding through the surf and found your post

I was woundering would any of these be helpfull?

http://www.boardgamegeek.com/boardgame/63011/patrol-lost
It is a link that seems to have download links move to the bottem 3rd of the page a press a dowload link page.

http://www.scribd.com/doc/52638394/Lost-Patrol-Space-Hulk-Edition

This is a Lost Patrol board to use in lue of the full space hulk bord. They look super cool.
I was not able to download them as I would have to upload to Scribd.com 1st. If you have some luck let me know how you get on.

LostPatrolTuckBox.pdf

Rules are in a zip file
http://www.mediafire.com/?ftth7jipry323nh

I hope the rules downloaded and open ok. I have really bad interentions and the pages or uploads / download get mucked up. If you are having a problem opening the zip file let me know so I can re upload it.

Hope you find the patrol in the end .

Re: Patrol lost -lost?

Captin Kabeered
I have reposted the zip rules file just in case the 1st on complains about being a broken file once it has been downloaded;
Here is the link :  http://www.mediafire.com/?j7n123wbb6qsqdx