On the work bench
Posted by MortiS-the-Lost –
Since I haven't really posted much in the way of my own miniatures on here I though I'd show you a few of my current projects. So to this end a few weeks back I took a bunch of photographs of the miniatures currently on and around my desk, then I got caught up in doing a lot of other things including working on improving the forum and website. So here, although rather late, is the first installment of my progress reports ...
As you may well know I have a habit of not finishing projects, because I'm always getting distracted and starting new ones. So I decided to post some progress reports on here to encourage me to get at least some of these projected finished. Please bare in mind there are lots projects sitting round in boxes and also others that I have bought the parts for but not started and I'm always buying new miniatures all the time. Thus the pictures you will see are of what is sitting on my desk and near by that I intend working on. Of course this means that some projects may get left untouched, while I rediscover older projects and begin work on then a new.
Any way I hope you find this interesting and you will encourage me to finish the projects you want to see finished. Also feel free to make any suggestion you might have for my projects.
Ok and with out further a-do lets gets started with ...
All Plasic Beastman Warband
The original idea behind this Warband was to see if I could build a skirmish force based entirely around a single regiment box set and parts I already had in my bitz box, I then decided to make it more of a challenge by vowing only to use plastic components.
1> I used an Orc body to bulk out the Chieftain and make him stand out from the rest of the troops a little bit of Greenstuff work was needed here and there mostly to fill gaps. I may add a little armour to the shoulders to further add to his bulk
2> the Shaman's beard is made from a long plat cut from the back of another Beastman head. The left is from the old mutations sprue with a little trimming done here and there, while the staff is a Beastman standard pole trimmed down to the right length, I still haven't decided what to use for the staff's head yet, any suggestions?
3> the Gors are just about ready to be painted, the ones on the left and right are built pretty much stock from the sprues, while the one in the middle is an older one-piece plastic Beastman from back in the days when you could get small boxes of 10 or more of such figures for £5.
4> the Ungors again are pretty much stock strait from the regiment box, although I decided to use Marauder and Skeleton shields with spikes added
5> this is a WHQ Minotaur of the club-armed verity I carfully cut off the integral base and re-based him on a 40mm round base with floor tiles from the plastic 40k ruins added, which I will paint black and white like the floor of the Guard Room tile from WHQ as a nod to the miniature's origin.
I am also converting a Centigor for the Warband using a plastic Gor's upper body and a Dark Elf Steed among other parts (not pictured), later in the year I hope finish off the Warband with a few of the new plastic Chaos Hounds that should be out in a few month's time.
This is my conversion to represent a bright wizard the body is a Ral Patha Storm Shaman. Unfortunately this conversion isn't going to well because the wrists got mangled by a damaged drill bit when I was preparing to pin the new plastic hands on, I will now have to go back and re-sculpt the wrist before attempting to attach the hands
Marauder of Tzeech
a Chaos Marauder conversion using a new Chaos warrior helmet and a mutated arm from a Chaos Spacemarine Possessed, he will need a little green stuff work before he's ready to paint – inspired by the concept art for Warhammer Online
the top dragon is a small pewter ornament that came from a build-up-a-collection magazine series it's about 9cm from head to tail with a 14cm wingspan. I thought it would make a nice young dragon with a little work done to it. It's not too badly sculpted although I will probably sculpt over or altogether replace the muscle-less wings.
The other dragon is classic Citadel Young Red Dragon. It was a little damaged when I got hold of it, I replaced the missing horns with some spare plastic Beastman horns and re-positioned the wings in an attempt to make the pose look less awkward. He's now all greenstuff'd based up and ready to be painted
loads more to come later when I feel like writing again ...
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|