COMMENT: GW's new hobby station
Posted by General Biakal –
WHATS THE MODEL?
WHATS THE THINKING THEN?
The old wooden paint station was a bit of a Great White Shark... it didnt really need to evolve. But i can see why GW have brought in this new plastic reboot and agree with them.
the wooden one must have been very expensive and labour intensive to create in massive numbers, and while indeed it did its job admirably at the end of the day it was a bit boring... not overly inspirational. This new, Injection Moulded desk is a bit of a step up... bringing together the citadel painting range very well. The water pot holder (which peronally looks a bout 10mm to shallow at least) brush holders and paint pot holders... and it looks liek the cutting mat fits neatly in to avoid slipping. Im not too sure about the whole "laptop" vibe... seems quite an unnatural painting position to me.
on the whole im fairly positive but i do have some misgivings which i will highlight below.
5 GOOD THINGS ABOUT THIS ITEM:
1. looks a bit more "modern" than the old plywood and might be easier to clean
2. it looks like it was "bought" and not "made".... the old wooden one had no corporate identity
3. links all the other hobby tools nicely
4. as ever it seems to lean towards 40k design wise but im sure rabid fantasy geeks could paint it up to look like a wizards desk...
5. should be nice and sturdy and drop proof
6 SHIT THINGS ABOUT THIS MODEL
1. price isnt too bad but £15 would be better
2. only 6 paint brush holes?
3. concerns the water pot holder is too shallow
4. the cutting mat fitting is nice but wll it take any mat or just the GW one?
5. cant see for sure but would be nice if it had a drawer for storage of tools
6. has the whole "on your lap" design interferred with its actual usefulness?
LONG STORY SHORT...
im pretty positive but iv yet to hold one so i will be a little cagey. a tad overpriced and maybe not as useful as it could have been
|Free forum by Nabble||Edit this page|